Monday, July 18, 2011
Indian Crab Curry
How to clean the crab:
1/2 kg - Crab
1 tsp - cumin seeds
2 tsp - pepper
1/2 tsp - chilli powder
2 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
5 garlic flakes or 2 tsp
4 tsp - coconut grated
salt to taste
3 tbsp - oil
Turmeic powder a pinch
2 tsp - coriander leaves, chopped
Method to make Indian Crab curry:
1. Heat a little oil and saute the onions (1 chopped), garlic and cumin seeds.
2. Grind these spices with turmeric powder, pepper,chilli powder and grated coconut to make fine paste.
3. Fry the onions in oil till light brown. Now add the tomato and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the crabs and stir well. Fry for a while until there is a change in color on the crab shells.
5. Add the ground masala and cook the crab curry for a minute.
6. Pour 1 1/2 cups of water,
and boil, covered and cook the crab curry on medium heat for 15 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat when crab curry thickens.
8. Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top before serving.
9. Now spicy Indian crab curry recipe is ready. Serve with rice.