Saturday, November 26, 2011
Marinate ingredients :
Blitz the chilli, garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in the food processor. Add the paprika, garam masala and tomato puree, plus the coriander stalks, and blitz again to form a paste. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl, coat them with the marinade and leave in the fridge for sometime.
The next day…
In a little vegetable oil, on a medium heat, fry the onion, peppers and spices in a large saucepan. Cook gently for 10 minutes then add the tin of tomatoes and the yoghurt. Add the chicken pieces and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked. Just before serving, stir through the double cream and chopped coriander leaves.
• ½ fresh red chilli, deseeded
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled
• 15g fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• a pinch of paprika
• ½ tablespoon garam masala
• a teaspoon of tomato puree
• 3 sprigs of fresh coriander, leaves picked and chopped, stalks reserved
• 400g chicken breast, preferably free-range or organic, diced into 2.5cm pieces
• 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
• ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
• ½ green pepper, deseeded and sliced
• a pinch of ground cinnamon
• a pinch of ground coriander
• a pinch of turmeric
• 1 x 400g tin plum tomatoes
• 100ml plain yoghurt
• 100ml double cream
Serve with Roti or boiled rice & Lots of Love ..
Thursday, November 24, 2011
मानवी मन हे फारच अजब आहे.
शरीराचा ECG काढता येतो मनाचा नाही.मन BP सारखे मोजता येत नाही.मन हे वाहणाऱ्या लाटे सारखे ...एका क्षणी इथे तर दुसऱ्या क्षणी तिकडे हेलकावे काढत असते....मन हे गूढ असते ...रात्री सारखे...
अबोल असते ........मध्यरात्री च्या त्या अनाहूत जागेसारखी...
काळोखाची जाळ्मेत भरलेल्याल्या त्या काळोख्या अंधार कोठडीत खितपत पडून ,उद्याच्या सूर्याची वाट बघणारे...
हे मन माणसाला घडवते कि माणूस रिझवतो मनाला आपल्या विचारांनी.... शक्य नाही उत्तर मिळणं....
Friday, November 18, 2011
1 1/2 lb Prawn. Peeled and washed.
3 Cups Basmati Rice
I Cup Cream of Coconut or Coconut Milk
2 Large White Onions finely chopped
2 Large Tomato finely chopped
3-4 Green Chilies slit longitudinally
1/2 cup Coriander finely chopped
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
2 Tsp Turmeric
2 Tsp Garam Masala
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Olive Oil
Place oil in a deep pot and add garlic and green chilies while oil is still cold.
Turn heat to medium.
When garlic starts to splatter add onion and stir.
Keep stirring till onion turns brown and translucent. (10 min on medium heat).
Add tomato and turn heat to high.
Stir and allow to cook till the tomato dissolves into the onion. (5 min).
Add Chili, Turmeric, Garam Masala and salt.
Allow to cook for 2 min until it turns into a paste.
Add Prawns and stir till Prawns curl and change colour.
Add Rice, Coconut milk and Coriander and 2 cups of water.
Stir and mix well.
Turn heat to medium and place a lid on the pot.
Keep stirring occasionally so that all the Prawns don't rise to the top.
Keep adding water as needed till all the Rice is cooked.
Garnish with corainder leaves and freshly grated coconut and serve hot.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Desire is essence of Life. To suppress Desire is like a felony. Any system that doesn’t give individual freedom and autonomous self is not holistic Perspective.
We usually associate Freedom word with struggle.
Because we all aware with the fact no one gives us freedom we have to claim it .
Nobody can give freedom to individual unless the individual himself chooses to be free. and that’s True Very True.
Being free means without any Physical & emotional constraint. The only question is how it affects human behaviour.
I have seen many people’s believe in Destiny.
So whats the relation between Freedom & destiny.
I think the only difference between ‘Freedom & destiny’ is eternal & ephemeral, since experience in both cases is primitive.
Physical science can be included as more definite & enterprise science, since they have firm mathematical foundations.
Same equation can be applied to freedom or destiny?
Can we calculate & measure freedom or is there any formula for destiny …………Both are abstract words.
We believe in Newton’s 3rd law, we do believe in oscillation of pendulum, we daily use permutation combination, we solved linear equation like in $\sin \cos \theta. We do challenge ourself with quadrant values like periodic equation.
Does this entire species alive or exists .but we accepted them.
I know science is based with experimental conclusion while philosophical words like destiny, freedom based on ideas, imagination.
I think in day to day life we all deal with science & philosophy equally.
....... To Be continued
Saturday, September 10, 2011
800 gram(s) fish sliced and cleaned
1 onion sliced
1 small tomato chopped
7-8 chillies slit and deseeded
1 cup(s) coconut milk
1 tablespoon(s) oil
4 tablespoon(s) water
salt to taste
| Grind to a fine paste: |
12 dry red chillies
2 tablespoon(s) coriander seeds
1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
1 tablespoon(s) chopped ginger
1 teaspoon(s) chopped garlic
1 tablespoon(s) tamarind paste
1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
12 tablespoon(s) water or as required
- Rub the fish slices with some salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Keep aside for 5 minutes. Wash well and drain.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and saute the onions on medium heat for about 5 minutes or till the onions are golden brown. Add the paste and the tomatoes. Fry briefly.
- Add the coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil. Add the fish, chillies and salt. Mix very gently and simmer on low heat for about 6 minutes or till the fish is cooked but firm.
- Traditionally this is a spicy hot recipe. However, the amount of green and red chillies can be reduced or increased as required.
2 medium Surmai (Kingfish) Fish cut into pieces
1 tsp. Malvani Fish Masala (Available at local grocery stores) or any other Fish masala ( You can use any mutton / chicken / garam masala as a last resort if fish masala is not available)
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp. red chili powder
¼ cup tamarind juice (extract after adding warm water)
1 cup Rice flour mixed with 2-3 tsp of RawaPreparation:
Oil for frying
Oil for frying
1) Clean the Fish, Apply a little salt and turmeric and keep aside.
2) Mix Fish Masala, Turmeric and Red Chili Powder.
3) Apply the mixture to the fish pieces and keep aside to marinate for 1 hour.
3) Take the Rice flour + Rawa in a big plate and coat all the fish pieces from all sides in this mixture.
4) Fry in oil till crisp
5) Serve hot